View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
I went for the Sharp model and it works fine, so far, one season or 5 months.
I did need to do some mods though as it made the cavity HOT, HOT.
Used a muffiun fan, 3", from Radio shack to vent the hot air through the cabinet above via some ABS 3" pipe through to the open air above.
Used a lighted switch to the front to control the fan. I have since bought a temp. sensitive switch, 120oF, to be automatic.
The Appolo front grill was reused with a bit of a trim to clear the Sharp door hinge and it looks like it belongs.
I did have to use a couple of pieces of 2 x 6 and plywood bits to hold the feet as the old base did not fit and to get the needed height to reuse the old grill. The plywood bits have a hole that the oven feet sit in and then are screwed to the 2 x6.

I will do some cleanup now that I am at home as it was a bit messy since all I had were hand tools,drill and a sabre saw.

I did ask at the available WalMarts and they didn't even know what I was talking about, Appolo, what's that??..
Several other mfgrs had what looked like good units but all were a hair too big and I didn't feel like butchering the cabinet.

Appolo seemed to be the only one that offered a vent fan kit as part of the installation package. All the others that I saw seemed to assume the unit was going to sit on a kitchen counter in open air so the convection heat would simply dissipate.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote