View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #25
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ha! Ha! Joshatree, I got a chuckle out of your "testing the carry out" post. Sounds like something I would have done in my heyday.

The one I bought did not have the ring on the handle side of the Carry Out to lock it. Since mine came with the tripod, (nice little tripod) there is a locking ring on the botton of the tripod. Oops! Wait a minute, when the carry out is setting on the tripod, with that little 1 degree turn to lock the feet in, there is only a 1/4x20 bolt holding it from slipping off the feet.

I did what I said I was going to do in my other post. I bought a 1/4x20 eye bolt, double nutted it on the inside of the dome, and bought a 40 foot piece of chain with two padlocks for security. I just take the tripod legs off and the dome gets stored in a compartment (SOB me) I set it on two pieces of foam to absorb some of the shock going down the highway. Any upholstery place should have some old seat foam laying around for you.

I have not run a second RF cable from the dome. That is my next project since I have a dual receiver. A satellite splitter does not work. Also, I don't believe you will be able to view different channels that are on different satellites, like 110, and 119, or 129. The antenna seeks the correct satellite when you change channels. I also have some difficulty with the automatic recording feature on my receiver when using the "check switch" and acquiring SW-64. But what the hey! I'm RV'ing. If I want to watch ALL the stations, I could stay home. Besides, if Earlene gets FOOD and HGTV, she's happy. If she's happy, I'm usually happy - unless she made me mad.

Oh! And on the antenna mount. You mount it just below the curve of the top of the ladder. It puts the dome portion above the roof line and you should have no problem with the RV headed North.
Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote