View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #21
Joshuatree59
Established Member

M.O.C. #10292
Send a message via MSN to Joshuatree59
I bought the Carryout by Winegard before our new Montana was even delivered. I was going to be prepared for those campgrounds that promise "cable TV" and "Wi-FI" only to find out they mean "We have a Radio Shack antenna and you can hook ito it if ya want" and "Our Wi-Fi works only within 3 feet of the office". But I digress. Bought the Carryout from Tweety's along with the 110AC adapter. (The unit is primarily a 12v DC setup) As soon as it arrived I had to see if it really worked with my Dish receiver. Had to open the dome and reset the toggles for Dish as it comes set up for DTV. No biggie as I am proficient with a screwdriver. Set the dome on the upstairs back deck, ran the cable thru an open window, across the couch and to my receiver. I looked for the AC adapter. Not in the box. *sigh* Called Tweety's and got this response, "Oh yeah, we forgot to ship that, we'll send it out tomorrow." (They didn't forget to charge my credit card for it) Ok, all fired up to check this puppy out and no power! Wait, it comes with a 50' cigarette lighter plug cable! I pace off the distance from my wife's Ford Edge in the garage to the deck and Carryout dome. 42'!! YES !!! Roll down my wife's driver side window, plug the cigarrete plug in, trail the wire thru the laundry room, into the kitchen, out the back screen door and onto the deck. Immediate it begins whirring and gyrarting looking for the satellites! Success! After a little adjustment to my "switch" on the receiver..I can get all my Dish channels! About that time my wife walks in...I can see her eyes trace the cable from the open screen door, across the kitchen, into the laundry room and disappear into the garage. She then sees the open window with a cable strung into the living room, over the couch, and into the entertainment center to the back of the Dish receiver. Proud of my resourcefulness I grin widely and ask, "Well, what do ya think?" Instead of telling you her answer, suffice it to say the cables and dome were back in the box in less than 10 minutes, awaiting the new Montana.
Joshuatree59 is offline   Reply With Quote