View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #27
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I am so mad. I hate to report bad news but here it is....... I spoke with Craig Crouch a Customer Service Supervisor at Keystone. I explained that the dealership had called and told us they had repaired the "extensive water damage" but were "unable to find the source of the leak". I explained to him my obvious concerns...without fixing the cause of the leak we will be looking at continual water problems and continual damage which will essentially render my camper a huge piece of CRAP and useless. It does not take a brain surgeon to figure out that a camper with a leak that has caused extensive water damage in one year will cause more damage since the problem has not been fixed and will eventually render that camper one huge piece of moldy crap worth nothing in a short period of time.

He asked me what I wanted them to do.....I told him I wanted them to take my unit back to the factory and find the leak or send the unit to a service dept that is equipped to handle such problems using the high pressure seal test. He told me they were not willing to do that because the dealership tested the unit three times and were unable to find a leak. He did inform me that I could take my unit in for a second opinion at my OWN COST. Keystone is willing to repair the damage but NOT do what it takes to solve the problem.

He told me that he spoke with my husband and told my husband that they would be willing to extend my warranty by four months. He NEVER spoke to my husband - not once. I told him that although I appreciate the offer and would be fine with them extending my warranty by four months that is not solving my problem. I live in the state of FL - we are not going to see any decent amount of rain until June. By the time we hit the rainy season we will almost be at the end of the extended warranty and then what? What happens when we are out of warranty and the problem is not fixed and we have water damage again?

I also asked him to reimburse me for the time my camper has been in service. I have been told by a previous Keystone and Suncoast customer that Keystone reimbursed him 3 months camper payments due to problems which resulted in the camper being in service on a continual basis. That was also turned down. So I paid almost $1,000 in payments on my camper while it sat in the service dept.

So in a nutshell - the dealership & Keystone admit there has been extensive water damage caused by a leak that they have been unable to detect but Keystone is not willing to do any further testing to find the leak. They will continue to fix the water damage until my four month extended warranty is up. OH and I forgot this part the dealership told us that this leak could have been there from the beginning since there was so much damage. Isn't that nice? They inform us that the leak may have been there all along, they are not able to find it, and we are basically told to deal with it!

I thanked him for his time and told him I would be contacting a lawyer then hung up the phone. I then called Lon Nelson - someone earlier - gave me his name and number - I left a message for him on his voice mail but never heard back. I may try him tomorrow before I call a lawyer.

I am so upset. We really love our camper. We love the colors of the interior - which is no small thing since most of the rv manufacturers have hideous decors to choose from - we love the amount of storage our unit has compared to others, the weight is perfect for our tow vehicle, love the layout - it just works for us. But I can not keep a camper that is going to leak and have mold. I have a son who is allergic to mold. I can not honestly sell it to someone else either.

I really thought that Keystone would do the right thing and I was SO VERY WRONG!
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote