View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 03:27 AM   #22
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fulltimedreamer

Sixcampers,

After reading the latest on your coach, I had to think on this one for a while before I responded. It seems to me that your dealer has had a more than adequate time to repair this unit. Were I in your shoes I think I would be taking this to another level with Keystone. It seems to me that it would be reasonable for the factory to pick this unit up and take it back to the factory. While there, the initial leak should be repaired and the coach should inspected and any addtional damages caused by the leak should be repaired as well. At this point, I would calmly but firmly let Keystone know that this is my expectation. We have seen Keystone and more specifically the Montana business unit step up to the plate and do the right thing. I hope that your next report here on the forum will be a continuation of that policy.

Please keep us informed of the progress you make as we are all stakeholders because we as consumers have chosen to give our business to Keystone and specifically Montana. I wish you the best.

I agree with you - the dealer has had plenty of time to fix this problem. I never should have had to call Keystone in the first place. When I called Keystone to tell them what we have been dealing with the customer service rep told me that there have been no other complaints on this dealer. He did file a complaint against this dealer for us and they arranged for the the latest service appt. I am going to be calling Keystone again today.
I agree with you when you say they should pick the unit up and repair the damages and initial problem which caused these problems in the first place. The dealer called today and told us we could pick the camper up that the damage has been repaired. They admitted that they have been unable to find the leak.
Without repairing the leak which is causing the problem is not a solution at all in my book. I want Keystone to bring the unit to a different dealer or back to the factory. I understand that there is such a thing as a water booth or some sort of high pressure water test that some dealers have that detect leaks in the coaches. The dealer that has been servicing our unit does not have that equipment.
I was told by the Keystone rep that because our service dept started the warranty work on this issue we had to bring it back to them to finish the warranty work. In this case I do not think that was useful. They are not equiped to find the leak.
I will let you know what happens and thank you for your support.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote