View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 AM   #2
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
I have tried to order a screen for my bedroom window from a couple of dealers. I have dual pane windows and the screen that would normally be in the bedroom escape window will not work. The first thing they ask for is my VIN number and by that they know I have dual panes and tell me the screen is not available for my trailer. By simply removing the little wire clips that hold the screen into the frame and using velcro I could install a screen myself because I'm sure the screen is the same size for this window whether dual panes are used or not. I guess I need to "borrow" someone's VIN number that doesn't have dual panes to order the screen.

Just an added note - I actually had one dealer tell me I couldn't get a screen because they didn't put them on escape windows. I walked out onto his lot and saw 5 new Montanas, none equipped with dual panes and all equipped with screens on the bedroom escape window. I really wanted to go back in and discuss his knowledge of the product he was selling but I figured what's the point. I really don't know how some of these dealers stay in business.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote