View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #11
MaxwellD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20704
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue7 View Post
Looking for help I have the rear driver side tire excessive wear inside edges. took a level across both tires and rear tire is pointed front side out about an inch. Right side is good. measured between tires and right side is 4 1/2 inches between inside of tires and right side is 6 1/2. took tire off and spring shackle bolts are easy to turn so they are loose. Looking at where the axle meets the bottom spring the axle is at the rear of the spring. all the rest of the springs and axles mounts are centered. I am thing axle shifted back and is twisted out.
Do you think loosing the shackle and pulling axle forward to same as the other side in distance apart and centered on spring.
Looking for suggestions

Thanks
We had a similar problem only the curbside inside tire wear was extreme. Driver side less extreme but still excessive. The hangers were not mounted on the frame equidistant form side to side. The repair was cutting the front and rear hangers, re welding them on at the exact intervals to have the suspension square on then frame. So far - so good ! I dont know for sure but a spring shackle nut that is “hand-tight” does not sound right to me. (40-50 ft lbs torque is what I have heard).
MaxwellD is offline   Reply With Quote