Thread: Sewer solution
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I decided the easiest way to get my questions answered is to go direct. I just sent an email to Sewer Solutions with the following questions. I'll report back their reply when I receive it. On the SS site is a FAQ but it doesn't answer these questions. It does mention it's ok to use standard black tank chemicals but harsh chemicals could damage the pump. That's the basis of one of the following questions. Also, their discharge hose is 3/4 inch. I assume that's inside diameter.

1. Can the sewer solution handle the volume of discharge from a clothes washer? We would use the Sewer Solution for all dumping activity and it would need to handle this volume. Our washer discharges directly into the dump pipe, not into any of the holding tanks.

2. is there any reason I could not use a standard 3/4 inch garden hose on the discharge size? I realize you'd like to sell your hoses (extensions) but hope you will answer this question for me.

3. If I were to use pvc pipe for extension, I would not want to carry a 10' section. I'd prefer to use shorter sections, maybe 7 or 8 ft, and use a friction coupler (push in type). Would this work or would water pressure force the pipe out of the coupler or possibly leak? Maybe a threaded connection would be better?

4. There may be occasions we'd need to use a tissue digester chemical in the black tank. Would this be one of the chemicals that could damage the SS? I'm wondering if I'd need to keep on hand a standard sewer hose for these situations.

5. We sometimes are in freezing weather. With the SS installed fulltime, I would take care to lift the hose to free it of water during freezing weather. Is the pump itself likely to contain water and thus be subject to damage from freezing? In other words, would I need to remove it immediately after use?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote