View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 08:59 AM   #22
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayner197 View Post
I use 50 ft of quality coax when direct connected to the Wally receiver. Great signal and works perfectly. In my convenience center I have (3) connections - Satellite/ satellite / cable-antenna, none of which provides a quality signal for satellite use. Cable connection works ok with campground cable.
Keep in mind you have maybe 20' of cable inside your RV plus your 50' outside your RV. So 70' could be your problem.

I know I helped one person fix their Tailgater by creating shorter Coax cables using premium Quad shielded RG6 cable with compression connectors.

In my RV, I've replaced all coax F connectors with compression connectors as well.

My current TV solution in the RV is not Satellite, though. When they tried to extort $140 a month from me for crappy TV, I threw all their stuff away and went with streaming.

Unlimited internet on my phone was a $30 increase and Youtube.tv is $50 so I'm saving about 50%. Since you can only get good quality signal on you phone and not hot spotting, I use a USB-C to HDMI cable from my phone to TV and that works great. OTA antenna covers most of what I watch anyway.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote