View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 04:25 AM   #36
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
I'm guessing someone forgot their patent rights, they expired and or they signed a contract to allow such ? What I do know is when someone infringes upon Honda's patent rights they go after them and Honda has been successful in the past.

I'm the first one to like a bargain however it seems that cheap Chinese parts have flooded all markets (including RV's) and many of these parts fail prematurely due to poor quality control or poor material control, the workmanship seems to be good.

Its all resulting in the loss of manufacturing jobs in North America one piece at a time, it has created mountains of waste by a society of throw away's which has further eroded employment opportunities for repair of products and the RV industry seems to be one of the worst offenders of this new trend.

We are all guilty of it, we are all supporting and promoting it by buying this cheaper crap and we all seem to bitch & complain about such but then turn around and do it all over again.

This little generator discussion is a prime example of it, a well built proven, long lasting great product (Honda Generators) which 25 odd years ago wowed the market with their new quiet product and has continued to lead the pack and is the one every other has strived to get too (Yamaha now) or has ripped off their designs (Kipor is an example) and the bottom line is we'll all buy the cheap stuff and accept if we have to toss it away and replace it every few years rather than have a superior product to last.

This behaviour is the reason we continue to read all the negative comments and ticked off people on various RV forums......... as long as we continue to accept such as the norm the manufacturers and suppliers will continue to source the crap, companies will continue to off shore jobs and eventually there will be little employment left.

I understand why people do it (i don't care I can buy three of em for the price of the good one that will last) but again at some point we have to stop and ask ourselves what the overall long term cost really was and what did we really give up and pay for this ???
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote