View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Mark-- the tank sensors on all of the tanks except for possibly the fresh water tank are useless. Ours worked only the first week we had the new unit. They get TP on them and other items on the black tank and soap scum and etc on the gray tank probes and always give you a false reading. We keep our tanks all closed but have a routine of dumping the black tank and the grays about every 4 days or so. This makes sure the black tank's not building up and we use PLENTY of water when flushing the toilet also. We use a tank additive by the name of Happy Camper and it breaks down all that is in the black tank. While dumping the black tank I run the internal flush and when I think the tank is empty, I close the black tank valve and run the flush for about 5 minutes then open the valve again and empty the tank. I also have an external flush that I connect to the end of the sewer pipe that back flushes the tank again. Once that is done I close the black tank, open the galley gray, drain it, close that valve and open the shower gray and that cleans out the line and the sewer hose of any debri that might be in it. Close the shower gray and I'm done except for adding the additive down the toilet and dumping about 4-5 bowlfuls of water down into the black tank to make sure the black tank has some water in it and does not dry out.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote