View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We are having a new awning fabric installed Tuesday at CampingWorld in Vacaville, CA and our hot water heater is "on the fritz" so I am having them troubleshoot it while I am there, with the idea that only a quick & easy fix up to a certain dollar amount is approved.

In case we need a new heater, I've been researching them and from CampingWorld they run $569 for the Atwood, 10 gallon direct spark ignition model plus removal of the old and installation of the new.

For the Do-It-Yourself-ers... at www.pplmotorhomes.com the Suburban 10 gallon direct spark heaters are $379.

I also noticed that CampingWorld has for sale on the store shelf an RV tankless hot water heater for just over $500. I'm going to take another look at it on Tuesday.

I'll be very interested in MAMalody's thoughts once they have the tankless in. We have friends who have them in their stick homes and haven't had any problems plus their heating bills have gone way down. While at CampingWorld, I plan on asking the folks there about their experiences with the tankless heater so far.

We are leaning towards the tankless if we do need a new heater. Cutting our propane usage down would be great.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote