View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
They are very technical, any repairs or troubleshooting can be costly and frustrating for the owner, trying to find someone where you are to come out and work on the brand you own. I would imagine the tech at an RV place wouldn't have the training to fix, or work on one.
My son thought he wanted one, so I talked with a big plumbing outfit here in town and got no positive feedback from him, he won't even sell them.
He, (Dick Ray, Master Plumber), has a radio show in town also, his father had the business before him. Shawnee Mission Plumbing and Heating.
One problem you wouldn't have, is that in a home, it just doesn't have the capacity for dual use, that is a shower and laundry. Forget about drawing a bath and having anything else running hot water, especially when the water is real cold. This is a 'stick hose', those particular problems you wouldn't have. The use a tremendous amount of Propane when on, also.
I am not trying to be negative, this is just what I have heard. I would feel bad not telling you.
There was a thread about these RV water heaters over on RVNet, you might search that.

Here it is:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/24724582.cfm
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote