M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jjackflash

What do you hate about it?
Jack

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CamillaMichael

So what is it you do not like?
Well, when I first installed it, I carefully calculated the angle of the lever when in the grommet and drilled the hole in the slider. To make a long story longer, when you open the screen door with it, the lever does not return to the same place or angle of the hole in the grommet, so it was still pressing down on the screen door handle not allowing it to latch closed consistently. ...lesson learned.

Phase two:

Drill hole in slider as per the instructions! LOL

Now, when inside the 5er with both doors and slider closed, to open the door you have to slide the slider open to get to the outer door lever. Herein lies what I don't like about it, the fancy-dancey screen lever hangs up on the handle of the outer door, and I have to wrestle & fiddle around with it to be able to get it to slide all of the way open to get at the door handle. It just bugs me! I'd rather not have it there at all.

That, and the dogs can now open the screen door with a nudge of the nose against the lever, and let the indoor-only cats out. It's all in their master plan to get rid of the cats.

Bicycle shop, here I come.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote