View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #13
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
I ran a line from the Inverter to the Power Center (which is located in the cabinet below where I mounted the switchbox), My unit (Mountaineer 329RLS) has (2) Circuits I wanted to be able to feed with the Inverter.

Circuit 1: Powers the "Street Side" and "Rear Living Area" receptacles, including the Entertainment Center.

Circuit 2: Powers the Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, and Outside GFCI receptacles, and the 120V Ceiling Fan, and the "Curbside" Slideout 120V Lights.

I basically just ran "Loops" from the Power Center to the switches feeding 1 side of the switch from the breakers of the 2 circuits, and fed the other side of the switches with the voltage from the Inverter, then I connected the Output of the switches to the lines feeding the 2 circuits using wire nuts, and tape in the Power center.

If you have ever mounted a Manual Transfer Switch to a Panel Box it is pretty much the same idea, I also use my Honda 2000 to provide backup power at the stick house, I previously had posted about installing a small 4 circuit 15 amp transfer switch for your home here's the link: 15 Amp Manual Transfer Switch

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote