Thread: Mt. Shasta/area
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
Hi Guys - this is Vicki of Jim n Vicki. We just got back from McCloud. We stayed at Siskiyou for the 5 days that we could get a reservation then moved onto McCloud Dance Country RV Park. We really liked it, lots of green, big trees, good restaurant in walking distance and wonderful, helpful staff. They had free WiFi and I was always able to connect using my Verizon AirCard. We did some exploring of the area and the McCloud River is close by with 3 falls, swimming holes and fishing. Jim did not fish this trip, we were too busy exploring and enjoying ourselves. I agree with Carl - don't consider the KOA in Mt. Shasta City. McCloud is just up the hill (good road) about 9 miles from Mt. Shasta City so you can drive to get supplies easily although there is a fairly good grocery story in McCloud. There is also the Shasta dinner train which we did not do this trip but have heard from relatives that it is not to be missed. Also some miles away is Mt. Lassen National Park and Burney Falls with is just beautiful. Just depends on how much time y'all have. There are some spots better than others at the RV Park (some can be a little close together when they are busy/full). If you want to email me (vickig46@sbcglobal.net) I will be glad to give you some suggestions.

Vicki
Jim n Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote