View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
lostshakerofsalt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10012
I do not know about anyone else but I can see when weight come off truck by watching the hitch and pinbox. As I lower the front landing gear I watch as the truck raises and when I see a gap (small, less than 1/4 inch) between the hitch and the pinbox, I stop. I then disconnect and pull the truck away. Never have to lower the pinbox to relieve pressure. Also, I run the slides out and then autolevel. I do this to make sure that it levels with the weight distributed the way I will live. Before anyone says "you can't do that" I talked to Lippert and they said it does not matter. I know other MOC'rs that do the same thing.

One word of caution, DO NOT press Auto Level after reconnecting the truck in place of Auto Retract. Accidently did it by mistake once and it dropped onto the truck quickly, retracted the front landing gear and tripped the CB. With the CB tripped, the Level Up system will not work. Since the CB is located on the wall behind all of the crap I carry in the front compartment and the truck was connected, it made for tough work trying to get to the CB to reset it. I think my mind was not on the task and I hit the Auto Level button instead of cycling through the menu to get to Auto Retract.
Home is where we park it
lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote