View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #71
Detroit Don
Established Member

M.O.C. #27312
First post/reply

Brand new to the site and brand new to a 2020 keystone Montana 3740 FK. I also just purchased a brand new to me 2019 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD 6.6 L diesel crew cab DRW. I thought I’d buy the truck I liked the most, my perfect truck, until I started reading about how heavy that new 5’er is. Then I started learning about payload and pin weight and the benefits of SRW versus DRW. It didn’t take me very long to figure out I had to have a dually and I had to have a diesel. I will be doing a lot of towing in the mountains and that is one big heavy fifth wheel. After spending all that money on my new Montana the last thing I wanted to do was short change the truck I was going to use to pull it with.I may be extremely limited on experience but I’ve always found that research is my friend and you cannot spend enough time researching your purchase prior to laying down that cold hard cash. I’ve been lurking on the forumsfor a little while gathering as much information as I can and I’m looking forward to joining this group of Montana owners. Thanks for all the great info I’ve gleaned already!
Detroit Don is offline   Reply With Quote