View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #24
scottkeen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by whutfles View Post
Nice sketch. I'll concentrate on the negatives. Are the outer boards in your sketch the cabinet walls? If yes, the cabinet walls are 1/8th thick. It's only the shelf brackets and the front face that the doors hang on that have any strength. If your boards are all addative then I'd be concerned that you still have 4 to 5 inches on the right to run the vent hose and elbow.

After having to pull ours out to run water into the back to remove lint, two months later the washer quit - no display. The electrical chord became unplugged. And after pulling the machine part way out, my arm reaching thru my access window in the closet couldn't reach far enough to plug the chord back in. So the machine had to be pulled out and turned so that I could reach between the back of the machine and the closet door to plug it back in. Somebody's bright idea to put that outlet back behind the machine.
Yes, the outer boards in my sketch are the cabinet walls. If they're only 1/8" thick, then my platform slide isn't going to work without some reinforcement. I'm 50 miles away from my RV, so I haven't been out to check it yet, I was assuming the walls were 1/2" or 3/4" ply.
scottkeen is offline   Reply With Quote