Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 12:24 AM   #16
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Naveybanker

Glad you got nit looked at and all is well. The only thing I see in your post is about the kitchen slide. The kitchen slide is heaver at the top than the rest of the slide, you have the microwave and the freezer compartment up high in the slide both are very heavy. This is why the kitchen slide leans out in a tight curve on the interstate or similar highways. The transporters use to put a brace between the upper seal and the wall to prevent this when they delivered the trailer from the factory to the dealer. They stopped this because some dealers would try to open the slide without removing the brace and damage the slide.

Hello dieselguy

Good description of the hydraulics and how they work.

I haven’t paid much attention to our bedroom slide this is one of the areas we haven’t had any problems with other than stuff getting under it. I will have to look at it and see if it has the “balance” shaft between the sides to keep the slide straight as it moves in and out.

In the last 5 years we have gotten from Keystone and Lipperrt conflicting instructions on how to lubricate the slides. Starting in 2009 when both said they don’t need lubrication to the latest to use a dry lubricant on the gears at the end of the “Balance” shaft.

I do need to have a look at our bedroom slide and the opposite dining room slide to see why our opposite dining room slide starts to move first then stops and the bedroom then extends and the sequence is the same as it always was after that.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote