View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #7
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
I HAVE a 2009 2955rl , purchased new in late 2008.We really love it as we can get into some of our favorite spots with the 2 slides. Where as apposing slides would make it impossible to get into them. No real major issues with our rig from purchase to now.The inflatable mattress had to be changed due to a leak and the TV in living room had to be changed out, but we caught that on the PDI and was taken care of prior to delivery. The Back flow valve for the black tank flush has failed twice. First time under warranty, second time this summer. The back flow valve has been an issue on most all models due to a very prone to fail cheap part.
Make sure the tires are are something better than the Goodyear Marathons as this was an issue on all the Montana trailers. Mine failed with about 8k miles on them.
You will need to upgrade the hitch to something to handle the towing of your boat. I had a hitch installed so I could flat tow my Jeep. Then installed a camera on rear of trailer to monitor Jeep when towing and for backing in to sites.
I feel my 5er was well built and it has served us really well as we have towed it throughout the western statesfor the last 10 years and will continue to for hopefully another 10.
Best of luck in your search for your new rig, Keith
09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
air bags,, 50 gallon Titan Pace Edwards bed cover, TST 507-FT
Keith Schweizer is offline   Reply With Quote