View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #13
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ozz, you asked previously about the need for a carry out dish, so I have to put my two cents in with what I experienced this weekend camping. We were at a park where the campsites are down in a bowl with large, large trees surrounding the sites. I had camped there previously (pre-Slimline) and had never been able to get a signal on the portable dish. To my amazement, the Slimline searched for a few minutes (it did take longer than usual) and then locked in one position pointed directly at the woodline where to me it appeared the signal had to be totally blocked by the trees. I go inside the rig and lo and behold, HD Directv which never flickered all weekend. To say I was impressed was an understatement. Now granted the dish was about 12 feet higher than the portable, but it still astounded me that it got a great signal through the dense canopy of trees. Bottom line, you will never know what you get until you try on a site by site basis, but I have to admit, it surprised me!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote