View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jim, I carry a portable dish also and 2 lengths of 100 foot coax for the system. When I use the portable I just feed the cables thru the entertainment center window and let 'em hang. I carry the LNB arm in the front compartment and the dish under the bed. I have had to use mine several times and actually had to buy a new LNB head as I was not getting a signal, called a service tech out and he said the head was shot. He sold me a used one, hooked it up and all was fine in my household again (if you catch my drift). We didn't worry about the LCD in the bedroom on those ocassions....Not a bad idea, if you do a lot of travelling to different places, never know what you will find when you get there....Some RV parks, like Thousand Trails, let you pick your own site. Clear view of southern sky has always been high on my list. Other parks assign you a spot and you are usually stuck with it, although I have requested another site if I am gonna be in the area for any length of time......

BTW: I have some caulking to do in my new home and hate using that stuff. I end up with it everywhere also. There should be an easier way to caulk things, but I don't know of any.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote