View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Thanks for the royal welcome!
What a warm response.

It was an all day affair getting the hitch on the truck and getting ready to head home. A member of the service group went over everything about the camper with me before we left; how to hook it up and disconnect it and all. After owning a M/H for the last two years all I can say now is that ¡§I feel like we got our freedom back.¡¨ Even my truck was happy to be towing again. I think my driving stress level went from about 90% down to about a .01%.

It Montana towed great all the way home. I didn't have anything but the standard mirrors on the truck for bringing it home. I'm waiting for some McKesh mirrors (http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirrors.html) to arrive soon. I've used them before and really know how great of a benefit they are in towing.

I expect to get about 7 MPG while towing. We were only getting around 4MPG on the MH, towing a car and running the generator for roof air. I will be very satisfied if when towing I get 7-8 MPG. I only get upwards of 10 MPG when not towing.

Well anyway, thanks again for the big response and I know where to find some answers now! ļ

Bill & Dona