View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerTR21 View Post
Just a quick update. The black control box finally arrived late yesterday afternoon. It had been on back order for over a week. The part itself cost about $45 but Lippert charged about $20 for UPS ground shipping and handling. I thought that was a bit high but what can you do. Very simple install. It took 10 minutes. Now DW chair reclines. She's a happy camper.

This was a much better way to deal with issue. It took 2 weeks from start to finish. The 5th wheel stayed in the garage at the house protected from some of the bad storms we have had recently. If I took it to the dealer, I would have to drive 140 miles round trip twice, it would be there for at least 2 months before they could get to it, then probably charge me way more than $65. Life is good!
Completely agree with the way you handled this! If you can fix it yourself 9 times out of 10 you are money ahead. I understand the folks that are not handy taking things to a repair shop (please folks don't take it to a SALES dealership) but your absolutely right that they take too long and you have to get it there. We are full time and cannot be without our rig so if I can't fix it myself (which isn't much) we rely on a mobile repair guy.

If you own one of these things you almost have to work on them yourself and if you aren't handy you need to learn! That's why this Forum is so valuable!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote