View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:27 PM   #18
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Lifted from Rohrmann's previous reply ... "but with Timken, their quality is the same anywhere on the globe, so country of origin is not really that important". I have always valued your down to earth knowledge and input on RV issues. However, I do have some ocean front property in southern Kansas with a view of the Washington Monument that could be had.

Until I retired a couple of years ago, I worked maintenance at a large manufacturing plant. We tried to continue to use parts on our machines as long as physically possible because no matter what manufacturer's name was on say a valve ... the same manufacturer's replacement valve seldom acted the same or lasted for long. Companies are bought and sold, merged and separated, consolidated and reinvented so much now days that it is near impossible to stand behind a brand name we all had unwavering allegiance to 15 or 20 years ago. I realize I'm hijacking the OP's intent of this thread while beating a drum few are willing to hear, so I stand at parade rest.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote