View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
RoadRunnerTR21
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20746
Thomas Payne Theater Recliner

Besides the inverter going out on the trip last week, DW said her half of the recliner does not work. No lights on the arm rest. I could not diagnose the problem until we got back home. So yesterday I got my multi-meter and some other tools and started my investigation. I noticed that when I flipped the recliners forward I heard something rattling in plastic. If you have ever looked underneath these thing you will notice a 4" by 4" black plastic box. On one end there is a power supply. On the opposite side the are 4 connection ports. Ours uses 2 of these connection. One for the motor and the other for the armrest selector. I took the black box out there was a very loud rattle inside. I got the offending element to come out of a large hole on the box. It seems that a coil has come loose from the circuit board. To verify that this was the problem, I moved the black box from the other side and all worked. So I emailed Lippert about getting a replacement box. Hopefully they will come through with a solution.
RoadRunnerTR21 is offline   Reply With Quote