View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
CaptAl13

M.O.C. #17802
New 2015 3711FL problems.....ugh

Just forfeited my 1st evening of a Labor Day weekend trip after a major kitchen slide out problem. Very frustrating to say the least especially since we have been looking forward to our very 1st trip in the new trailer. The hydraulic kitchen slide had been sliding too firm for my liking, as a matter of fact upon delivery back in July I mentioned my concern on that particular slide to the salesman. I was told by him and I quote, "it may be binding just a little because we are on a slight hill here on the lot, it should be just fine." and to boot I'm 250 miles from the dealer I purchased it from too. All packed up and ready to leave for the weekend today teeth started sheering off from underneath the kitchen slide gears when closing it up. Once a couple teeth had sheered off the gear the slide would no longer slide in all the way and seal nor extend all the way properly either. It no longer tracks evenly and also making the slide drag on the floor in turn damaging it as well. Finally used all of my weight to assist the slide to go in and out to seal properly and it is showing quite a bit of resistance. Sorry I haven't figured out the whole pic posting and all in here yet, but do have pics. Anyone else experienced a similar situation?

I traded in a problem child Forest River product in hopes of a better experience with Montana and not stay in the repair shop. Well the jury is still out on that so far. I say that mainly because of this slide problem and the damage to the floor but I also have a few bubbles in the rubber roof and the back up camera does not work either. Would like to hear from anyone who may have experienced a problem with these gears on the track bar for the hydraulic slide out. Thanks for any info and/or advise.

Al
CaptAl13 is offline   Reply With Quote