Thread: More concrete
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 02:40 AM   #91
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Dave, the Island has quite a few batch plants so redi-mix is about the same as the Mainland.

Vancouver Island is growing and back in 02 our population was 750,000........ not sure what it is now but the cost of living here is not bad. In fact it is much cheaper here than the northern Alberta towns I work in. As a matter of fact , we just bought one of those giant coolers for the basement of the Monty for extra cool storage for when we have to stay at a remote place for awhile. Groceries are way more in the isolated places so when we hit a Costco at a bigger place, we like to stock up. I think the cooler 's smaller door will be able to allow access by the Monty's trap door, that's the plan anyway. I'll let you know how it fits when I get it in there.
We also will use it in the back seat of our car as we are 40 minutes away from one Costco and 60 minutes from another one and I really like their meat. Bought a whole strip loin yesterday and when I got home I sliced 12 beautiful steaks. 8 in the deep feeze and 4 on the Barby.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote