View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
soulmate
Established Member

M.O.C. #9126
Thanks to memebers who have posted the responses and concern, makes me feel warm and fuzzy! Just to clarify damage inside the Fifth Wheel, electrical smell was gone after about 3 days of opened windows. My husband was able to get the fire out, while I was racing to get the dog to safety and fire extinguisher. We did not see any inside damage ie wood, as the fireplace is set within the entertainment center along with TV. The fireplace has kinda its "own" area within, of which I believe did prevent any HUGE damage. Plus the husband was able to get it under control and out fast. My brother in law Mike, is an engineneer, and he told us to go purchase a battery charger to get by, until we got home. Since the converter was blown, of course the battery would not charge, loosing power on the fifth wheel. NOTE TO SELF, this did work, and very well! We are old enough to have been thru several things in life, but this was OVER THE TOP, and actually made us both "sick" after the fact.
YES, thank God we were not hurt, nor asleep. We had the fireplace on the previous 2 times before this and for long periods of time due to the cold, It was fine then. We will be calling them again Friday to follow up, per husband. Myself wants to DEMAND a new one, the trauma alone should allow that! The dealer also tried to accuse the camp grounds of the problem, we fiqured they would try that route and was ahead of that plan. But we will TRY to be patient and not be demanding YET....

Thks Ellis, we will keep all posted.
Hamrad thks to u 2, YOUR dogs are adorable, made me smile!

And thanks to all who reply ahead of time, knowledge is in numbers...

soulmate is offline   Reply With Quote