View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #37
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I am certainly not any kind of appliance expert at all, but stating there have been better over the past 7-10 years (I do not think so). GONE are the days of buying an appliance and having it last for decades with no issues. Hell, 2 years ago I had a top of the line Trane heat pump system installed in my house. It has thrown fault codes 3 times and stopped working each time. I reset the codes myself and it has been fine. It has been looked at several times, and no one can fine anything wrong with it. IMHO they are putting WAY to much electronic BS in everything to try to meet Government standards and save energy.

Why does my fridge need to be hooked up to the internet ? That does nothing to keep the beer cold. LOL

Sorry for the rant, but when is it going to end ?
What I meant was that the LG and Samsung units have become more reliable (electronics) and much easier to work on (getting to components and diagnosing) than they were when they first came into our market. They were as bad of crap as the current Frigidaire are today. And I totally agree as a service tech that the industry has gone crazy wild with the college boys (engineers) finding ways to meet government energy guide lines. Some of the current reefers have phone apps that can be held up to the hinge and read hidden internal failure codes. It was really sickening ~12 years ago when they started putting big mother boards in them. One of the big Samsung has 4 of them (2 cntrl brds, & 2 inverter boards). Nuts!