View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 08:09 AM   #20
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Hi

Keystone stopped Camping World from doing the warranty work by just refusing to approve it the trailer was 90 days old at that time. Camping World told me Keystone said to take it back to the selling dealer.

A year later I talked to Mr. Holmes about my problem he told me he would get it taken care of. He had one of his lackeys call me and tell me Keystone would not help. His comments to me was just to get ride if me at the Tampa RV Show.

I called Keystone within the last year needing some information from the build ticket I was told they no longer give that information over the phone the dealers had Internet access to the information and gave me a phone number for a dealer in Indiana. When I called the dealer and told them what I wanted they said I would have to wait because they had to contact Keystone by email. When I said Keystone said they had Internet access the lady said "Keystone is lying again we have never had Internet access" and hung up.

I will no longer accept anything Keystone tells you or anyone over the phone the information I have gotten over the phone has always been incorrect or an outright lie.

Why do you think they don’t respond to or respond by phone when you contact them by the email address? They don’t want a recorded of what that says like you would have in an email conversation.

Phil P
I trust you about 1000% more than Keystone. And sadly I’m not surprised at the run around you got or the band aid fixes we are seeing. As for myself, I’m going to take my unit to someone I TRUST to do a good job and if Keystone won’t pony up I’ll pay for it myself!! Most of the work I ca do myself anyway.

This issue is one reason our next RV may well be SOB. Granted it will cost us a LOT more. At the price point Thor is about on par quality wise and I suspect Forest River is about the same. That’s why I have been asking about New Horizons. They are very expensive but the build quality seems to warrant the cost and they listen and work with customers. They even (for a price) build custom which really appeals to us. Being able to carry our toys with us is our number one priority when looking at floor plans
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote