View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
rickfox,
I did a lookup on the HD dish sizes of the Dish 1000 Plus and the DTV Slimline dish and they are close to the same size. The Slimline is 22.5"H x 32.5"W. The Dish 1000 Plus is 23.8"H x 30.9"W. The Dish 1000 Plus is their newest dish. The site I went to said the Dish 1000 has been discontinued. So size might not be that much of a factor between the two.
I have been using the DTV Slimline on a tripod. With the help of a satellite pointing device I made and a signal meter with a 22KHz tone I have found that it is not all that difficult to set up the Slimline HD dish. I will admit that it might take a couple of times to get the hang of it. It does take a little more effort with 3 adjustments (3rd being the skew) vs two adjustments with a single LNB dish for one satellite. With a little practice I think you will find that the fine tuning adjustments on the slimline dish may need only very little adjustment or none at all.
I carry a single LNB 18" dish for the times I might be in a hurry and in a place only over night. I haven't used it yet. The DTV receiver will work with a single LNB dish. But you only get the standard channels.
Here is a site for information:
http://www.solidsignal.com/cat_displ...RECTV%20Dishes
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote