View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patodonn

Be sure to check your coverage areas when choosing a carrier. We use Verizon. For talking on the phone, no big problems...but if you are going to try to get "Online", the "Extended Network" provisions of Verizon don't work for that. We've been without Verizon data capability for over a month, and will be for another month +. Here in KS, SW MO, AR, it's Alltel or Cingular or Sprint....but not Verizon. Maybe around Little Rock...don't know yet. Works fine for talking, but not for connecting to the Internet.
I have Verizon's National One-Rate Plan, No Roaming charges. My wife has Verizon's America's Choice Plan and pays roaming charges (we turn hers off when in roaming areas). When we are in a Verizon "Extended Network" area, if it is not roaming, we can get data with both phone plans. We were just in Hutchinson, MN (Verizon Extended Network area). My wife's phone was on digital, mine was analog. We used her phone for e-mail and surfing. Don't know exactly why my phone was analog while hers was digital. But I'm satisfied with the service.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote