View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Not only the $500 deductible but the hassle involved dealing with the aftermath! I'm a bit dismayed hearing about the rims though. Was this limited to your year of trailer, or is it an on going problem?

BTW: We installed the TST system, and I was surprised to see how much the tire pressure fluctuates when the tires heat up on the road.
No, I don't think it has anything to do with the age or type of trailer. It has everythig to do with the wheels. I think that you'll find that there are a lot of owners out there who will attest to the failure of the aluminum (OEM) wheels. I believe that if you want a good aluminum wheel you'll have to go to something like the ones made by ALCOA.

Yes, you'll notice an increase in pressure as the tires heat up. That is allowed for by the manufacturer of the tires. Don't exceed the cold pressure of the tires. In other words, when you check the air pressure first thing in the morning, for full load in your rig, put the pressure in the tire called for on the sidewall of the tire. In my case it is 80 psi.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote