View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For us it's been 39 months, starting March 21, 2003. Our agreement is when either of us says "I'm done doing this" then we both stop, get a stick home, probably a condo, and then probably do trips from there. I originally thought by the two-year point we would either be bored with the travel or we would have run out of things to see and do. Instead, our list of things we want to see and do continues to get longer rather than shorter. And now we're even talking about someday wanting to repeat some of our adventures. We're now thinking another three years. But who knows. It could be more. Or less.

We're having the adventure of our life, truly enjoying what we're doing. Just like in a stick home there are negatives. But there are so many positives I have no regrets whatsoever about doing this. As for a rating, as someone else said, some days are a 3 and some are a 10. That's not much different than our lives in a stick home, for that matter. For me, the 10's are far more frequent than the 3's because of all the wonderful places we've been fortunate to visit and all the wonderful people we have met, both through this forum and also just by being neighbors in an RV Park.

Mac, yes, we initially had those concerns but we figured out that fulltiming is no more than a series of trips. There's just no stick home inbetween. And we found we adapted to living in 360 square feet instead of 2200 just fine. Whether you fulltime, part time, or most time, it's a great lifestyle.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote