View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 08:36 PM   #48
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiallen View Post
Do you have any links to folks having these issues? I would like to read up on some of the comments, images, etc, as many here probably do also.

I used my Anderson in my 16 Ram long bed ( 2988 Rockwood ultralight)and run it in front of the pin, but when I moved Dad's 05 Montana 29xx I ran it behind the pin for clearance and it didn't look right sticking out that far in front of the pinbox's flat plate.

Doing research on conventional replacements and watching Etrailer video's of trailers being towed, I see a ton of movement both in the pivot and even pinbox sideplates of the trailer being stressed. Glad I don't see that while focused on stopping, lol. Not sure how one could say those flexing / movements don't create sidewalls buckling, frames stressed on every form of hitch.

But, flying in our company's F27F back in the early 80's another Tech showed me the flexing of the wing tips, and after seeing my concerned face, said if they don't flex, they will break.

Allen

I am assuming we are talking about the Andersen. Do you have any links to those vids showing the induced flex by the hitch, I've not seen/found them?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote