View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Padredw and CountryGirl--change of status

This is a message I have been very reluctant to write, but it is necessary that I do so, because we are no longer Montana owners. Just last week we decided to buy the HitchHiker II that we had been considering for almost a year. It has the floor plan that we have been looking for. If we could have found a comparable plan in the Montana line, we would have preferred to stay with Montana--for one thing we have greatly appreciated being members of this virtual community, and have found it to be a "real" community when we have met and enjoyed fellowship with the good many members we have met in person--here at our home, in the Rio Grande Valley, and on the road.

My friend OntMont will remember that we were looking at this particular trailer when he and Donna visited in our old country home. No need to go into detail except to say that the very trailer that we first looked at remained on that lot in Texarkana for almost a year. We simply stopped by a week ago after other business in Texarkana, thinking it would surely have been sold by then. To our amazement it was still there. We got a good trade in for our Montana and the dealer offered us a substantial discount, then accepted our counter offer. We picked the trailer up on Friday and have made one trip to the Dallas area. All is well.

Now, I want to say here what I have said to many others and what I said to the NuWa dealer: We have nothing but good things to say about our Montana. We were very reluctant to part with it. If we could have found all the features that were essential to us in the Montana line, we would have gladly traded a year or two ago. We are among those who require a separation between the bedroom and the bath area, and we do not want to tow the larger Montana models that have "restored" that fine feature. It is that and the kitchen area that we found in the trailer we bought.

We have made friends here that we believe will continue to welcome our friendship, and while we cannot be officially recognized as "Montana Owners Club members, we hope it will not be out of order for us to stick around, respecting the proper scope of this forum and with the hope of remaining in contact with many of our special friends here.

May we wish God's richest blessing on you all as we change from active Montana owners to friendly observers.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote