View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Dometic 1350 temperature fluctuations

The temperature fluctuates wildly in our fridge. Sometimes it is 37 (my happy place), and then a few hours later it goes up to 44. (This happens without opening the fridge). We have friends who have an identical trailer (same model and year). They are having the same problem. Both of us are in Florida.

We called a mobile RV repair. The guy came and hot wired the fan, making the fan on all the time. He figured maybe it was the switch. This did not solve the problem. I got up one morning and found it at 40, and this is when it was a cold night. Normally the fridge is at its coldest first thing in the morning.

He also left us a spare thermistor, and showed DH where to plug it in. DH and friend tried, but they did not know how to thread it through to the fridge, so they gave up on that. We called them back.

They showed up while we were out, and the guy plugged in the new thermistor. The sensor end was then outside the fridge. Of course, the temperature shown on the fridge went up into the 50s, and the actual temperature in the fridge got into the "too cold" category. I have a fridge thermometer in it.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause wild temperature fluctuations like that?

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote