View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #16
Fishin2dMax
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
I've tried that a couple of times without success. Tried going in the winter port and out of the exterior shower to the city fill. Even manipulating the valves every which way I could think and still no success. Pump just ran and ran with very little water actually going in the tank. I need to give it another try while at home instead of at the campsite though. (More relaxed without people needing water asap.) lol
It will work, but it is slow. Using the winterization port (turn knob to winterization position) and connect exterior wash faucet hose to city water connection (turn exterior wash faucet cold knob to full on and turn water fill to tank position). Place a hose from winterization connection into portable water tank source (elevate portable tank as high as possible) and turn on water pump. NOTE: The inlet hose must not be allowed to suck any air while emptying tank.

While this process is somewhat slow, it does work. I carry two 7 gallon portable water jugs and it empties them in approx 5 minutes back into the main water tank. The key is not letting the hose suck any air when emptying the portable tanks.

The above said, I also added a gravity feed inlet where the water tank vent comes out on side of trailer(toward the rear left side). It too is very slow, but it gives me options for water replenishment when we Boondock.