View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 05:51 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Michael, we have the '05 Ford also but ours is not a dually, not tow boss, is an F250, 3.73 rear gears, rated to tow 15,400 with 23,000 GCWR. As you said, the '05 with 6.0 powerstroke and the torqshift with tow/haul does an awesome job. We're towing 14,360 (cat scale weighed recently) and have done so up and down 8% grades. By the way, the brakes are also larger on the '05 by a considerable margin. I think you meant F550 frame rather than F750 but in any case it's an outstanding frame. That tow command brake controller is something you have to experience to believe how smooth it is, as you know. Truck and trailer stop as one unit.

One of the nice things is that all three manufacturers build truck, diesel and gas, that can do an admirable job towing the Montanas. While we each have our brand preference, we do agree the "others" also do a good job. It's really nice to have that many choices. Our Administrators are also good at making sure no "brand bashing" is allowed in this forum, and I think we all appreciate that. They still let us talk about how much we like our favorite brand, though! The nice thing is they're all good!

You have an outstanding truck. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and the way it handles your Montana! Post pictures when you can.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote