Thread: Paul Landau
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #39
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
WOW!
I finally got some time to come on here and let you all know about Paul and there this post was. It took my breath away. Thank you all sooooo much for your thoughts. I deeply miss my Paul but I know that he is now pain free. He fought a long and painfull battle the last 3 years. While I was sitting with him during his final moments I was singing a hymn to him and I know he could hear it. My heart is broken but I must go on. Just knowing that he is on the other side waiting for me will help me. At his funeral I couldn't believe all the well wishes from people he worked with, his high school friends, and venders he bought from. Amazed was the word. Then when I went back to his grave site yesterday, there were more flowers put there. That shows what kind of a man he was. I am so glad that he is out of his human shell and on to his spirtual life. He is truly getting his wings. His son flew up from Colorado Springs for the funeral and together we agreed that we will really miss his knowledge. We could ask him anything and he had an answer that was most always right. Even when he was in his final days would ask him an electrical question and he would tell me the answer. I guess when you spend 40 years doing anything you will know the answer! The last time I brought him home for the day, he was on the couch and I was doing something. He asked me if he could help me......I told him to just enjoy his time at home. He was always helping someone.
I am comforted knowing that he got to do what he wanted to do and that was travel in his retirement. Even though it wasn't a long time he did get to do it.
I believe God had a hand in us moving up here to Montana so that I would be near my daughter when Paul passed away. He knew that I would need her after my mom and Paul passed. I lost my mom in Feb. 2008 and Paul this year. I didn't have time to grieve my mom because I had to get back up here and take care of Paul. Now I can only hope that I will have some time to gather my senses and remember all the great times we spent. I know my mom and Paul are my angels now. I feel them here all the time.
Again, a great BIG THANK YOU to all of you. You truly are a great group of people. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote