View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #12
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
Oil-Flo 141 by Titan Labs is the answer. It can be purchased online, I bought it at Clean Mart in Las Vegas.
The technique that worked for me;
Rather than take off any edge trim or window frames, I cut the wall covering. Where it goes behind a slide, its already cut behind the foam gasket.
Use a hair drier warm up the covering. If the luan wall covering starts to wrinkle, its become too hot. Let it cool off before stripping. You only need to use the hair drier for a minute or so.
Peel off the trim. Easy steady pull. In my case (2006 model) it pulled off in one piece. When you get near the seam tape slow down the pull. If you pull off the seam tape, Keystone can supply it. They had no trouble matching our color from the VIN.
Open all windows and spin up any exhaust fans.
Generously damp a rag with Oil-Flo. Wipe down the wall where its sticky. No need to rub hard. Just get the Oil-Flo on the wall. Wait 10 minutes.
Lay some paper on the floor under each work area.
Put on some throw away gloves.
Damp another rag with water, wring it out and start wiping down the wall. The adhesive will start to ball up into very sticky little blobs. Some will stick the rag, some will fall to the floor. Once the rag is covered in blobs, refold it so you are wiping with a fresh surface and keep wiping until the blobs stop appearing.
Take a third rag, damp it with water, wring it out and give the wall(s) a final wipe to get all the Oil-Flo off.
Chuck the paper that caught the blobs falling to the floor.
Leave everything to dry out for a day or two. Throw away rag 2.
Repeat the process using rags 1 and 3. Old rag 3 becomes new rag 2. Use a new rag for the last wipe down.
Two times was enough for me.

Dont be cheap with rags or you end up just moving the blobs around on the wall.
Dont scrub too hard, the Oil-Flo will take the finish off the wall. Just rub hard enough to remove the pencil marks that you will find under the wall covering you have removed.
Store everything outside, away from the door. It stinks. Inside the stink takes about 3 days to disappear.
If you dont use gloves, Zep orange based hand cleaner will take the glue off your skin.

You will be amazed at how much bigger the inside of the trailer looks with this wall trim removed.

-Steve
sapest is offline   Reply With Quote