Thread: Charger scare
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
restez,
Could this be a Schumacher instead of a Schlumberger?
I own 6 of these for my various generators, mowers tractor and truck. Mine all work great, but I don't use them on 6 volt batteries. I use ring conncetors to securely attach the wires. I did some research and found this site that evaluated battery maintainers, this guy contacted the service tech, the following is his report: (I think they guy had a brak-down at the end of his report..)
I still would go with a loose wire and possibly the wrong maintainer for the 6 volt batteries.

Purchased this charger to charge/maintain my deep cycle battery utilized for emergency energy outages. The manual incorporated with this charger even describes it charging deep cycle batteries and gives a charging estimate of ~36hrs. Fine for what I’m trying to find. The charger repeatedly aborted the charge on my brand-new battery. Their client service tech mentioned it wasn’t meant to charge deep cycle batteries as a result of the increased internal resistance. This should have already been made more clear inside the packaging, labelling and item description. I’ve lost time and income. Now I’ve to go buy a ‘real’ charger…
The charger was actually DOA. I returned it and replaced the charger with a new 1 on an auto-shop recommendation. It is working fine. Schumacher did not need to very own as much as a bum charger when I known as them earlier.
http://www.batterychargerreviewz.inf...maintainer.htm
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote