View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #26
Russ and Sandy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #561
We've got the 30-20 in ours too in our 03 2955RL. Since we don't have the second a/c, I converted the blank cover to an outlet in the bedroom ceiling - which is handy for a hair dryer when we want to take advantage of the "50 amp" service.

I also tapped into that same circuit down near the breaker and added 2 outlets along the floor under the sink and under the stove. We use one or the other of these regularly with our space heaters to keep from tripping one of the other breakers.

All of these outlets do work whether plugging into 30 or 50 amp service. We just keep an eye on the V monitor which we keep plugged in at the kitchen counter.

Another "add-on":
I also added a GFCI protected outlet inside the basement near the front jacks switch. It is powered by a 12 GA extension cord stored inside the left propane compartment which goes through the bulkhead into the outlet. I ran a wire from that outlet to another outlet which I added to the area beside the step (in front of the converter). When needed, I uncoil the extension cord out the bottom of the propane compartment and plug into the campground post.

I decided to do this after our experience a year ago where we were being broadsided by 40 mph winds in -8 temps for 3 days. At that time, I had strung an extension cord into the basement and intermittently ran a heater there.

Russ

Russ and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote