Thread: Hydraulic leak
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #24
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Just finished replacing the two hoses under the bed with 3000# psi rated hose. OEM hoses were 2000#. The shop that originally fixed the last hose that burst and before that replaced three fittings did not think the level up had anything to do with additional pressure on the OEM hoses.

I was going to remove the mattress as it was difficult to work under the bed with the mattress "hanging" over my head. I closed the bedroom, kitchen, and entertainment slide valves so I could open the curbside slide and put the mattress in that space. When I operated the slide switch the bedroom slide opened. There were two hoses attached to the ram so the one that burst must have operated the closing.

Anyway, there were tons of room to work. There were only two screws holding the plywood above the ram. The struts were attached to the inside of the bed frame so all I had to do was slide the piece out the front of the bed to expose the ram and hoses. I got the replacement hoses and upon installation found one of the fittings had a burr in the threads, so back to the shop. Came home and installed the new hoses but we (Louise) found a slight leak under the bed. Personally I think it was some of the fluid that leaked out when I removed the old hose but what do I know.

It's time for lunch, my back hurts and I still have to remove the fiber board under Monte to clean up the fluid that sprayed out. Thanks again for everyones help, you guys (and girls) rock!!!
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote