View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I would suggest that he get to his Dr asap. The sooner they diagnose it the easier it is to treat. It is a strange beast, it mimics many different diseases and diagnosing it is sort of a process of elimination. They usually test for Lupis, then Lymes disease, and on down the line but the two main tests that usually get the diagnosis are an MRI and spinal tap. It will usually show up as white plaques (white spots) in or around the brain, and the tap should show antibodies for MS. The frequency is usually 70% women and 30% men. Usually over forty but it can hit in the teens too. Only found in the industrialized nations in the northern and southern hemispheres. It is virtually unknown around the equator. They are not sure if it is hereditary or not but it does seem to show up more often in family members. As far as we know no one in my family has had it. In my case totally ass kicking fatigue, numbness in my hands and legs and loss of normal balance. The web is a great place to learn about it and all the symptoms are there. Just Google MS and it will all pop up.. Hope that helps.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote