View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
It is kind of ironic that all during my earlier life I only knew two people with MS and they were either in a wheelchair or on canes. Now everybody that finds that I have it I learn that most know somebody with it. It was not as scary for me at first as it is for most folks as when it was first mentioned during the testing I spend the several weeks it took for the tests to study up on it and was prepared for the results either way. When the Dr. looked at my MRI she said "yup, you got it" I had already decided on Avonex instead of any of the other drugs just from the research I had done. The Dr was surprised at the knowledge base I already had on MS. Information is usually the biggest part of this disease is education and seperating fact from fiction. I have only had one flareup since the diagnosis and that was stress related, both my wife's dad and mine passed within two weeks of each other and then I worked a 70 hour week right after and wham, I was down for two weeks. The fatigue was the worst part of the whole thing. Exercise is one of the keys to keeping the beast caged. Swimmingit best and staying away from heat is another, I really miss hot tubs.. Dave
P.S. For those folks that want to keep that info private you can PM me but I think that the more folks that are aware of how many folks this affects. Knowledge is the key. Also if someone is afraid about their job security, don't be, this is a prime example of why the ADA was made law.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote