View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #40
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopetes View Post
To Dave W

How wide is your door frame and what width steps did you get? This is a definite add this year and just curious about the width. I like the Lippert steps because of the large 1-1/2 width top step. We have a 2015 HC 353 so I am thinking the door will be the same.
Thanks in advance
Steve
Hi Steve.
The HC 353 is the replacement for the HC343 we have from all I can see

I just measured the door as the side approach of ours is kinda buried in yesterday' foot of snow

It's an actual 31 inches, The steps you most likely need are Lippert part 678027. This is the etrailer link: https://www.etrailer.com/RV_and_Camp.../LC678027.html

etrailer last fall had the best price but it looks like it has gone up some since ---- but still worth the cost. Mine took 4-5 days to get here in Upstate NY from Missouri

If you look at the etrailer ad, the sides now are not a tubing assembly now but are a more solid single piece steel assembly. According to my installation instructions they are the Gen 2

One thing more that I did was to use their supplied screws for installation but replaced them (Home Depot) with at least a couple size heavier, the largest that would fit their screw slots. and a 1/2 in longer. For whatever reason, their screws when installed, just didn't 'feel' right. I assume you did see the photo where I reinforced that very thin door frame, using 1/8x3/4 steel. That door frame is very soft aluminum and it will, I found, bend easily.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote