View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
This has been a very interesting post in getting me thinking (and that's not necessarily good) about driving in other countries.

I have heard of the other CSA sticker that can be put on a rig for Canada but didn't know the color. The sticker just ensures that the rig met the CSA regulations when transferred for use in Canada and I thought this was mostly about weight ratings and height limits.

Is there another sticker in Canada that is predominantly orange that is getting mixed into things? I don't recall any country specific things that require plumbing or electrical modifications.

For example, a Japanese vehicle has the sideview mirrors more towards the front of the vehicle to minimize blindspots where elsewhere (like the U.S.) the sideview mirrors are closer to the driver (or passenger) for easier adjustments, but there's no plumbing involved. Electrical might be involved if the mirror are remote adjustable or include defrosters.

I don't plan to drive my rig in Japan, but I've read to expect some scrutiny going into Canada mostly about weapons, pets and RV weight and size measurements. As for going into Mexico that could be a different story if I ever decide to RV down there. But I've heard of MOCers venturing south but nothing about regulations or stickers other than what's already on the vehicles or towables (like current registration and insurance that matches the items).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote